cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Performance, Throughput, WAN max Bandwidth on 7100 / 6355 routers

Jump to solution

What is the maximum throughput we should expect to see through a 7100 / 6355 router?  I have a new 100Mbit circuit and when I'm plugged directly in to the circuit I get 100Mbits on speed tests, but when I put in the 7100 as the router/firewall I get 25Mbits maximum.  The config is rather vanilla with no static NATs and a very small ACL.

The interface looks clean and the CPU is NOT maxed out during the speed test.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Performance, Throughput, WAN max Bandwidth on 7100 / 6355 routers

Jump to solution

Brian, please reference the AOS Feature Matrix for performance statistics:

AOS Feature Matrix - Product Feature Matrix

The throughput you're describing matches what you would expect from a 7100. Thanks

Jay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brian, please reference the AOS Feature Matrix for performance statistics:

AOS Feature Matrix - Product Feature Matrix

The throughput you're describing matches what you would expect from a 7100. Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The spreadsheet shows that the 7100 is rated for 30 Mbps routing performance and the 6355 is rated for 90 Mbps.  I find this strange since those devices are identical to each other and the 7100 can run 6355 firmware. 

Thanks for pointing out the feature matrix!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brian, though the hardware is similar, the 7100 has a lot more processes running in the background than the 6355 does, based on the fact that it's functioning as a PBX and not just as a gateway. In general, the throughput numbers are ballpark numbers that can vary significantly based on the load of the unit. Thanks

Jay