cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnoyes
New Contributor III

Ring back

Jump to solution

If I call our Adtran 7100 from an outside like I get no ring back.  Is there something I need to check or would this be our service provider?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dnoyes
New Contributor III

Re: Ring back

Jump to solution

Hi Jay, I installed the latest Firmware update and it appears to be working correctly now. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dnoyes,

Thank you for posting this question to the Support Community.  This depends on your setup.  What type of trunks are you using (PRI, analog, SIP)?

Thanks,

Matt

dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

These would be PRI trunks.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This can vary depending on specific call flows.  You can enable an ISDN debug with the command debug isdn l2-formatted and see what response is sent from the NetVanta 7100.  If we send an ALERTING message to the provider they should play ringback.

Thanks,

Matt

dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Hi Matt, when I tested this I didn’t see anything come up on the debug screen.

dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Hi Matt, I did some more testing and if I call a direct line (DID) I get a ring back but it take a long time to kick in.  It will ring on the receiving end twice before you hear it on the dialing end.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dnoyes, can you please post your configuration with any sensitive information removed? Thanks

Jay

dnoyes
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Hi Jay, I installed the latest Firmware update and it appears to be working correctly now. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dnoyes,

Thanks for the update.  Can you come back to this post and mark your last response as the correct answer and any other responses that were helpful with the applicable buttons (when you are logged in)?  That will mark this thread as containing an answer and help make it more visible to other users.

Thanks,
Matt