cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Phones Ring From one DID - Can't Remember

Jump to solution

I know this is easy but for the life of me I can't remember where we set this up.  Of course we have an operator group that answers our main phone number and that is all working great.  We also have a service department which we are expanding and I would like the service department DID to ring at two extensions so both people can pick up.  Again I know this is simple and I should know but stuff happens.

Thanks in advance

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Phones Ring From one DID - Can't Remember

Jump to solution

dgardner,

Thank you for posting this to the Support Community.  You are correct that you can accomplish this by adding a DID to the ring group.  Navigate to Voice > Ring Groups > and click on the ring group you want to edit.  Then click the Add DID Number button, enter the DID, click the Add DID Number button on this new screen, and finally click the Apply button.   For reference this post explains how inbound calls are routed within AOS:

If you would like to distinguish these calls from other inbound calls to these phones you can check the Caller ID Prefix box on the page where you edit the ring group settings and add a description in the box to help identify them.  When an inbound call comes to these ring group members it will display the name you entered for the Prefix with the incoming call.

I would recommend using firmware R10.3.1 or later due to issues with delayed audio for ring group calls. You can view more details about this in this post:

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I already have a ring group set up for those two extensions with a system extension of 6003.  Would it be as simple as assigning the DID to the ring group?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dgardner,

Thank you for posting this to the Support Community.  You are correct that you can accomplish this by adding a DID to the ring group.  Navigate to Voice > Ring Groups > and click on the ring group you want to edit.  Then click the Add DID Number button, enter the DID, click the Add DID Number button on this new screen, and finally click the Apply button.   For reference this post explains how inbound calls are routed within AOS:

If you would like to distinguish these calls from other inbound calls to these phones you can check the Caller ID Prefix box on the page where you edit the ring group settings and add a description in the box to help identify them.  When an inbound call comes to these ring group members it will display the name you entered for the Prefix with the incoming call.

I would recommend using firmware R10.3.1 or later due to issues with delayed audio for ring group calls. You can view more details about this in this post:

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Matt, should we remove the DID from System Parameters if using the DID on the ring group or should we leave DID to internal extension in System Parameters?  Essentially we have two extensions that each have a DID and we want both extensions to ring when either DID is called. Not sure if using the Ring group with both DID's or setting DID's on extensions and using call coverage to ring the other phone would be the best option.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I personally think the cleanest solution is to just add the DIDs to the ring group that calls these two extensions.  If you do that, you shouldn't need to configure any DIDs for these on the System Parameters page.

Thanks,

Matt