Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank6160
Contributor
Contributor

Using customer lan phones won't boot

Jump to solution

Connecting a 7100 to customer LAN. 15 phones. No VLANS. Disabled IP routing as we are using current one. I can connect phone to 7100 port. It boots, gets address, gets info from customer DHCP (option157)  finds  server boots and works. When plugged int customer switch port phone boots seems to get address  states reconfiguring network and stops with VLAN=1 and the DHCP timer above it.  Customer has 172.16.1.x,172.16.2.x and 172.1.3.x subnets. When booting from 7100 switch the IP address given is from the 172.16.1.x subnet, when connect to customer switch port the first address is from the 172.16.2.x subnet. Is there anything in the 7100 configuration I need to program or is this a customer LAN issue. Tech has been working on it to no avail. I'm just trying to help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Using customer lan phones won't boot

Jump to solution

Cleared issue by using already configured VLANs. Also all customer switch ports were programmed with native VLAN of 500. Had to set all 7100 ports to the same. Phones were working but could not open web browser to 7100.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Frank,

What is the IP adress of the 7100? Can you post the config file on the 7100 minus all customer username and passwords. Click "Use Advanced editor" in the top right corner of the reply and then you will see an option below the reply to attach a file.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Frank,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  If so can you please come back and update the post with the result so others can benefit from it?   One thing I would definitely recommend you check is that there is only one DHCP server on the subnet the phones are on, and that it is provisioned properly with option 157.

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

Cleared issue by using already configured VLANs. Also all customer switch ports were programmed with native VLAN of 500. Had to set all 7100 ports to the same. Phones were working but could not open web browser to 7100.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update and explanation.