cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Communication between two NetVanta UC Server

Jump to solution

Users are unable to transfer Voice Mail between their two UC Server each with their own separate 7100.  What configuration change is need to establish communication between there servers, or is it even possible?

Thank you,

--Nate

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
frontiersd
New Contributor II

Re: Communication between two NetVanta UC Server

Jump to solution

Two NetVanta UC servers can communicate with each other for SIP calls, but I'm not sure about the voicemail routing.  On your UC servers, do you have the other UC server added as gateways?

I believe the typical model for using the UC Server is to have multiple 7100's use a single UC server as the voicemail server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
frontiersd
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Two NetVanta UC servers can communicate with each other for SIP calls, but I'm not sure about the voicemail routing.  On your UC servers, do you have the other UC server added as gateways?

I believe the typical model for using the UC Server is to have multiple 7100's use a single UC server as the voicemail server.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Nate,

Fronteris is right, typically you would just have one UC Server acting as BCS with multiple 7100s connected to it. When doing this you are able to put both 7100s into a "Group Name" where you can transfer voicemails from a phone on one 7100 to a user on another 7100. Share Dial by name directories. When you have two separate UC servers, this is not possible. The only thing you can do is do a "Trusted Server" where you can share UC Companion features where you can chat to users and see phone status of users.

The only option you can do is if doing UM or email notification, you can just forward the email with VM attachment to the user's email so they can listen to it over their computer.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions. Have a good weekend.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This is what I was afraid of but need to verify.  Thank you both for you informative posts.

--Nate

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you have any further questions or still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt