cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buffit
New Contributor II

setting up autotransfer users

Jump to solution

I know how to setup an identity and then set that to a service and have it forward a phone call outside.

But, I need to take this concept a bit further.

I want to setup several of my outside sales people as users and then have their extensions auto forward to their home offices and or goto voicemail.  I want them as users so they show up in the dial by name feature of the phone system.

I want to do this through the admin console on the server not through each individual client.

But I am not sure how to go about setting this up.  Suggestions?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: setting up autotransfer users

Jump to solution

You have a couple different options.

If you create a phantom user for the sales person, it will be assigned to them and you would have to manage them from their user tab by adding their authentication to your user account or to the admin account.

Other option:

You can't make a phantom identity for the admin user, since that user is mainly for administration. You could create an auto attendant and then just create a service that that user. The downside to this is that by default all VM would go to the admin user and not the sales person's VM, so you would have to make sure you change the mailbox settings in the elements from  the default "called extension" to the user's name

Does this make sense?

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Are these extensions assigned to a phone? Or are they just “Phantom” extensions. That is when there is no phone assigned to the extension, when you call it just goes to call coverage.

-Mark

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

They will be phantom...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You have a couple different options.

If you create a phantom user for the sales person, it will be assigned to them and you would have to manage them from their user tab by adding their authentication to your user account or to the admin account.

Other option:

You can't make a phantom identity for the admin user, since that user is mainly for administration. You could create an auto attendant and then just create a service that that user. The downside to this is that by default all VM would go to the admin user and not the sales person's VM, so you would have to make sure you change the mailbox settings in the elements from  the default "called extension" to the user's name

Does this make sense?

-Mark

0 Kudos
buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

not sure what you mean from their user tab?

as in a unc client?

On option 2 if they are auto attendants, they won't show up in the dial by name directory right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Tabs like in the attached image. You can see the users tabs when you are logged in from the server or you can assign them to your user account if you have admin access.

If you want them in the name directory, then you need to assign them to the users via phantom identities.

-Mark

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

that page does not open..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Go to the actual website for this post and you can see it from there.

Click the link in this email that says: “View the full discussion”

-Mark

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help, but I think I am doing something wrong.

I created the user and then went to Authentications..and added admin...but the tab is not showing up after I refresh, and not showing up under accessible user profiles for admin.

I closed the client on the server and reopened it and hit refresh a few times.

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Never mind I figured it out...

buffit
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Ok, I got them all setup, thank you for the help.  I did how ever have to make the accounts NON phantom.  When I tired the other way I would get number not valid.  Recreated the number as a Non phantom and it worked great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Good to hear. Not sure why it wouldn't let you create a phantom user identity.

-Mark