cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandon314
New Contributor

Module needs for TSU 120E w/ Dynamic T1 & PBX?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've be reading manuals and researching around however I need a good answer for my questions before I purchase some Adtran Gear.

We currently run a TSU LT Adtran for our T1 (all data) interfacing via V.35 into a Cisco Router.

We are thinking of setting up this T1 to be dynamic so that we can connect a software PBX into the system (about 7 voice lines max, the rest data). I am considering the TSU 120E.

From what I understand, my software PBX will need a T1 interface card and will plug into the DSX-1 port on the 120E. My current T1 line will plug into the Network port and my line to my router (V.35) will plug into the V.35 port.

Are my understandings correct? If so, do I need any additional cards expansion cards? Does the 120E perform dynamic T1 functions (growing/shrinking the data channel usage depending upon phone use)?

I see some people mention that I need a drop and insert card to be able to perform the dynamic functions of the T1 + PBX setup.

If I am totally off in the weeds, any recommendations on proper gear would be great. I have higher level IT folks to work with however I am trying to get some ducks in a row for them.

Thank you for any help,

-Brandon M.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Module needs for TSU 120E w/ Dynamic T1 & PBX?

Jump to solution

Thank you for using the ADTRAN Support Community.

The TSU 120E does not perform dynamic T1 allocation. You must specify the channel assignments and these cannot be adjusted dynamically.

If you want to use the TSU 120E you do not need any additional modules. You are correct in your thinking - the router will connect to the V.35 and the phone system will connect to the DSX-1 port.

I hope I answered your questions,

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for using the ADTRAN Support Community.

The TSU 120E does not perform dynamic T1 allocation. You must specify the channel assignments and these cannot be adjusted dynamically.

If you want to use the TSU 120E you do not need any additional modules. You are correct in your thinking - the router will connect to the V.35 and the phone system will connect to the DSX-1 port.

I hope I answered your questions,

Patrick

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Patrick,

Thank you for that prompt reply!

As a side note,

Can you recommend a CSU/DSU that uses v.35 and has the ability to perform dynamic T1 allocation?

Thank you so much for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brandon,

I'm afraid we don't have anything that can dynamically allocate the T1 between V.35 and DSX-1. You may wan to look into continuing to use the full T1 for IP data, and doing VoIP, and then you can set up QoS to ensure the bandwidth for the voice traffic, but for standard voice over T1 we don't have anything to dynamically adjust the bandwidth.

Thank you,

Patrick