cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skippy
New Contributor

Considering 908e as SBC, can it handle 100 concurrent voip calls?

Jump to solution

We use a dialer to make customer calls.  It can dial up to 100 calls concurrently via SIP.  We have a new 908e that we were considering using as an SBC to secure a number of SIP trunks and and a couple PRI. The call volume through the PRI is low, probably another 20 calls. Does the 908e have the horsepower to handle that kind of volume?  The published specs sure look like it can.  Can someone confirm or deny?

Michael

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Considering 908e as SBC, can it handle 100 concurrent voip calls?

Jump to solution

If you look at the feature matrix it will give you more detailed specs:

AOS Feature Matrix - Product Feature Matrix

The unit is spec'd at 100 SBC calls through the unit.  I would not combine 100 simultaneous SBC calls plus 20 PRI calls through the box. I would not sell a unit where it is initially maxed out.

The box you need to use in that solution is the NetVanta 6250. It can do up to 200 calls with up to 4 PRIs.

The other option is to put the NetVanta 3140 in front (300 SBC calls) and then daisy chain via eth to the 908e for the PRI connection.

Hope that helps.

-Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Considering 908e as SBC, can it handle 100 concurrent voip calls?

Jump to solution

If you look at the feature matrix it will give you more detailed specs:

AOS Feature Matrix - Product Feature Matrix

The unit is spec'd at 100 SBC calls through the unit.  I would not combine 100 simultaneous SBC calls plus 20 PRI calls through the box. I would not sell a unit where it is initially maxed out.

The box you need to use in that solution is the NetVanta 6250. It can do up to 200 calls with up to 4 PRIs.

The other option is to put the NetVanta 3140 in front (300 SBC calls) and then daisy chain via eth to the 908e for the PRI connection.

Hope that helps.

-Mark

0 Kudos