cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdallof
New Contributor

Flush mounting a 908e in a 19" cabinet

I'm wondering if there are different brackets that can be ordered that would allow racking a 908e in a 19" rack.  When using the brackets that come with the unit, it sticks out way to far to be able to close the door on the cabinet.  I would like to be able to access all of the ports from the front of the rack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Flush mounting a 908e in a 19" cabinet

The 908e is designed to be mounted on a 2 post rack.

The simplest will be to place it on a shelf ( http://www.racksolutions.com/rack-shelves/fixed-shelves )

I remember seeing a two post adapter for a four post rack but I don't recall the manufacturer.

You may to try Google.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello and thanks for posting to our forum. 

Using a shelf is a good option.  We also have brackets available for most models.  The TA 908e uses the same RM brackets as the larger 900e units:     https://www.adtran.com/web/page/portal/Adtran/product/1200927L19

Below is the information for all TA 900(e) Rackmount Brackets with the 900e units in Bold:

904, 908

19" - 1200927L18

23" - brackets not available

912, 916, 924, 908e, 916e, 924e

19" - 1200927L19

23" - 1200927L23

All TA 900(e) units use the same Wallmount Brackets: 1200927L13

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

geo,

Will these brackets move the unit back into a four post rack?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

These particular brackets push the chassis out a few inches from the front.

Regards,

Geoff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Geoff