cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone set up a 916 to provide SIP to a 3CX phone System?

Jump to solution

Does it work?  Any know issues?  Can you share the config?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Has anyone set up a 916 to provide SIP to a 3CX phone System?

Jump to solution

Valtech,

Thanks for posting.  We have recently heard of 3CX systems being installed with Adtran units.  However, if you are setting up any two manufacturer's units to work together for the first time, we would suggest setting them up and testing in a lab environment prior to installation at a customer location.  In one installation we had some difficulty sending DTMF between them using RFC 2833 events.  I would suggest that you verify the 3CX can be set to in-band DTMF and G.711u codec, without sending the RFC 2833 packets.  Otherwise, this would be a good initial test in your lab to verify compatibility.

Thanks!

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You want to connect it as a SIP trunk or extensions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

SIP Trunk to the 3CX

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Valtech,

Thanks for posting.  We have recently heard of 3CX systems being installed with Adtran units.  However, if you are setting up any two manufacturer's units to work together for the first time, we would suggest setting them up and testing in a lab environment prior to installation at a customer location.  In one installation we had some difficulty sending DTMF between them using RFC 2833 events.  I would suggest that you verify the 3CX can be set to in-band DTMF and G.711u codec, without sending the RFC 2833 packets.  Otherwise, this would be a good initial test in your lab to verify compatibility.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Valtech,

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks!

David