cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garengllc
New Contributor

Need blown capacitor value for 908e

An admin put 240V on our 2nd Gen 908e and blew the MOV capacitor C605 that is located right by where the power input is.  It is a small red capacitor in a disc shape.  I can see part of the part number on the pieces I can find, but not enough to get the full part number.  The second line shows P150xxxxx (something follows the P150, but I can't tell what).  It appears to be a LittleFuse part, but I can't figure out which one exactly.

Is anyone able to tell me what the actual value is so I can replace it?  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need blown capacitor value for 908e

I had a tech that did the same thing to a TA904.

Per Adtran tech support the unit will not be able to be repaired.

I was going to try to repair it myself (can't break it any worse).  I am now 90% sure it is a LittleFuse V150LA1P (V150LA1P Littelfuse Inc | F3004-ND | DigiKey).  I was just hoping to get confirmation from someone who maybe could put eyes on the actual part in their unit and verify what it says on the side of the cap (I am assuming there is no schematic floating around). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

capacitor 908e.jpg

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Mouser Electronics part number:

1 ea. 576-V150LA1P Varistor - 57 cents ea.

If you do this to a 904 you'll also need to replace the flameproof resistors.

2 ea. 667-ERX-2FJS2R0E resistor - 28 cents ea.

http://www.mouser.com/

The soot from the varistor may be conductive so clean the board well. 90% isopropyl works well. Vacuum desoldering tools, anti-static workstation, and experience in component-level repair are highly recommended. I would space the resistors about 1/16 inch off of the board for heat isolation.

Don't ask me how I know this. Our installer did THREE in a row before he figured out there might be something wrong with the power.  Those PDUs on three-phase sources can be deceiving.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

fuse.png

The circled item in the photo is a fuse, and it is likely open if the varistor went. BEL MRT-2.5.  Bussmann SR-5-2.5A-AP Schurter 0034.6619 or Littelfuse 37212500001 will substitute.

Mouser 504-SR-5-2.5A-AP, 693-0034.6619 or 576-37212500001.

Varistor as mentioned earlier is Littelfuse V150LA1P.

The non e-suffix units use the resistors identified in my previous post as fuses.