Did you mean: 
dkee
New Contributor

P2P tie trunk over IP

Jump to solution

Need config help replacing a P2P T1 on an older Siemens
9006 switch with a VoIP connection over MetroE. Simply want to replace the
physical T1 with an IP connection through the TA900's. Have worked with the old
TA's but the new "Netvanta" type interface isn't clicking for me.
Again just want T1 from Siemens convert to IP traverse MetroE IP into other
side's TA900  then back out as T1 to remote shelf.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: P2P tie trunk over IP

Jump to solution

Dkee,

Thanks for posting! The TA900 series is capable of converting E&M Wink or PRI over T-1 to SIP and then converting that back to E&M Wink or PRI over T-1 on the far end.  However, the TA900 will not support any other T-1 signaling protocol or any proprietary signaling across the T-1s.  Which signaling protocol will each end be using?

Thanks,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dkee,

Thanks for posting! The TA900 series is capable of converting E&M Wink or PRI over T-1 to SIP and then converting that back to E&M Wink or PRI over T-1 on the far end.  However, the TA900 will not support any other T-1 signaling protocol or any proprietary signaling across the T-1s.  Which signaling protocol will each end be using?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dkee,

Please let me know in a response if you need further assistance with this configuration.  Once we know more about the exact application, we would be happy to make recommendations or provide sample configurations.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dkee,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If the response on this thread assisted you, please mark it as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make it visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks!

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dkee,

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

David