cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the Adtran able to do a tcpdump to a pcap. Then I want to take that pcap and open it in Wireshark. If so what are the steps to do it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TA908e

Jump to solution

Here is a more handy Adtran article that bypasses the text2pcap procedure and allows you to transfer the pcap directly from the router.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have done before with a tool that is installed with Wireshark call text2pcap.exe. Below are some sites that help in the conversion and have some notes about running your debugs to capture what you are looking for in the router.

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/voiceops/2011-September/002802.html

text2pcap - The Wireshark Network Analyzer 1.8.0

Hope this helps, it is still a tedious process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Here is a more handy Adtran article that bypasses the text2pcap procedure and allows you to transfer the pcap directly from the router.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I will try it out. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Meyerj66,

I agree that the method included as a feature in R10 firmware is the easier option.  This feature is described in the document Configuring Packet Capture in AOS.

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered".  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks for posting, and thanks to b124jr for the quick responses!

David