cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mounting Options for Suspended Ceiling with Recessed Tiles

Jump to solution

Has anyone come up with a quick and easy way to mount the BSAP1800v2 on the T-rails of a suspended ceiling when the tiles are recessed (the tile drops down below the T-rail by about 3/8")? The T-rail bracket that comes with the BSAP only works if the tiles are flush with the T-rail. Are there any adapters that would clamp to the T-rail and drop 3/8" below the tile yet securely clamp the BSAP to the T-rail?

Has anybody used the Suspended Ceiling Bracket, part # 1700921F1? Approximately how long does it take to install the BSAP with this bracket?

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mounting Options for Suspended Ceiling with Recessed Tiles

Jump to solution

The Suspended Ceiling Bracket (Part # 1700921F1) is typically used in this scenario. It allows you to cut a hole in the ceiling tile and cleanly finish it with the mounting bracket so that the AP is recessed right into the panel. Only the bottom half of the AP is exposed with the top half including cables and such hidden above. This bracket probably adds on about 5-10 minutes additional install time to each AP. That time is allocated to cutting the ceiling tile.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The Suspended Ceiling Bracket (Part # 1700921F1) is typically used in this scenario. It allows you to cut a hole in the ceiling tile and cleanly finish it with the mounting bracket so that the AP is recessed right into the panel. Only the bottom half of the AP is exposed with the top half including cables and such hidden above. This bracket probably adds on about 5-10 minutes additional install time to each AP. That time is allocated to cutting the ceiling tile.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, I ordered the suspended ceiling bracket for my second install and they work well. It does not take that long to install, the toughest part of the install is cutting the hole in the ceiling tile. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.