cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhicks77
New Contributor II

Creating a bridge across trunked VLAN

Jump to solution

To start, I am not very network savy. Im smart enough to create a network and basic troubleshooting.

We have two 1335 routers across a business class fiber network (Charter.) I have a VLAN setup on each router, VLAN 3975. On the A-end, we have Cisco gear with trunked vlans (200, 100, 101, 106, etc.)

Im trying to essentially bridge port 24 on 1335 #1, across the network, to 1335 #2, port 24.  I want the bridge to pass any and all traffic it sees, to the other end.

Once this works, it will be connected to an existing bridge across T1, essentially connecting tower A to office B thru to office C.

Can any shed some light on how to do this?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nhicks77
New Contributor II

Re: Creating a bridge across trunked VLAN

Jump to solution

We created a simple trunked vlan across two ports and it worked.  One of the other techs actually figured it out.  Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Thanks for posting your question on the forum!

I had a few questions based on the description you provided. You should be able to set up the 24th switchports on 1335#1 and 1335#2 as trunk ports that will allow all VLANs to traverse its link. However, this depends on the fiber network that is connecting the 2 sites. Is it just fiber running between the 2 buildings? Or is it leased line where the provider has given you IP addresses to use on the WAN (i.e. MPLS)? Are all the subnets across each site the same?

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- Are you still in need of assistance? Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

Thanks,

Noor

nhicks77
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

No - we ended up getting it to work through experimentation. 

Thanks!

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- That's great! If you have time and if you don't mind, please let us know what you did to get the application to work. Others users who are setting up a similar scenario may find it helpful.

Thanks,

Noor

nhicks77
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

We created a simple trunked vlan across two ports and it worked.  One of the other techs actually figured it out.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor