Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

7100 Call Quality

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just got a 7100 up and running an I have run into a couple questions that I will tackle one at a time.  First is Call Quality.  It does not seem to be too good.  Average at best with a polycom 331 and polycom 650.  Are there adjustments that can be made.  We have a t1 dedicated to the 7100 and we are only using 6 simultaneous calls.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7100 Call Quality

Jump to solution

dgardner,

You should always check the T1 interface for errors to make sure that is not part of the problem.  If T1 errors are present watch this video for guidance on resolving them:

In addition to checking the T1 you should implement a QoS policy that will prioritize voice over data on your network.  This would need to be done on both sides of the T1.  Here is an example configuration script that you can use assuming a PPP interface is the WAN that connects the two sites together.

!

qos map VoIP 10

match dscp 46 26

priority 600

!

interface ppp 1

qos-policy out VoIP

!

NOTE: When you paste this in the PPP interface will drop briefly so you need to do this at a time you can afford a service disruption.  Also, 600k was used for priority voice based on 100k per G.711 call x 6 calls.

More information on QoS can be obtained from our guide or Video Link : 1046.

I hope this helps.  If so, please return to mark a correct answer on this thread or ask any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dgardner,

You should always check the T1 interface for errors to make sure that is not part of the problem.  If T1 errors are present watch this video for guidance on resolving them:

In addition to checking the T1 you should implement a QoS policy that will prioritize voice over data on your network.  This would need to be done on both sides of the T1.  Here is an example configuration script that you can use assuming a PPP interface is the WAN that connects the two sites together.

!

qos map VoIP 10

match dscp 46 26

priority 600

!

interface ppp 1

qos-policy out VoIP

!

NOTE: When you paste this in the PPP interface will drop briefly so you need to do this at a time you can afford a service disruption.  Also, 600k was used for priority voice based on 100k per G.711 call x 6 calls.

More information on QoS can be obtained from our guide or Video Link : 1046.

I hope this helps.  If so, please return to mark a correct answer on this thread or ask any follow up questions.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dgardner,

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful answers as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this. Just let me know in reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt