cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installing 7100 in Customers Network

Jump to solution

Hello, we are installing a 7100 in a existing network. I noticed from the factory there are two DCHP scopes in the 7100 that have option 157 defined for phones. All is working in the lab where we are testing the phones but at the customers site there are two existing subnets, each one has thier own Linksys router that does DCHP for the desktops. My question is can I turn off the DCHP Server for the data vlan built in the 7100 so I can use the customers existing DHCP servers? Also in the customers DHCP servers there is no where to build option 157 so can I statically assign the phones?

I will have 3 vlans in the 7100, the default voice vlan of 2, then vlan 3 and 4 for the two existing customer networks. Instead of leaving the ethernet switchports setup as trunks I was going to set them up for the appropriate customer vlan:

eth 0/1

swtichport acessc vlan 3

switchport voice vlan 2

!

eth 0/2

switchport access vlan 4

switchport voice vlan 2

Will this configuration work? Thanks for the help

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tn22
New Contributor III

Re: Installing 7100 in Customers Network

Jump to solution

I agree with natem. Been where you are and it was MESSY trying to have multiple DHCP servers and scopes. Unless you are installing less than 10 phones, I would not consider static, and just move everything to the 7100.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
natem
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Personally I would use the 7100 for DHCP over the Linksys devices. I believe you can go into network settings on the adtran phone then to server menu and set the ftp server that you would have used for option 157 with credentials.

I believe that your port configs will work too.

tn22
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I agree with natem. Been where you are and it was MESSY trying to have multiple DHCP servers and scopes. Unless you are installing less than 10 phones, I would not consider static, and just move everything to the 7100.

0 Kudos